I hosted my first live blab yesterday (Wednesday, March 2nd at 7:00 PM CST) and it was so. much. fun!
It's the start of my new video series, Women Celebrating Women, where we celebrate the secret sauce of amazing women leaders, dreamers, & footprint leavers who are embracing all that they are and all that they have learned in service to the world and those around them.
We talk about our lives, our work, our dreams, and the journey (challenges & all!) to where we are now. Think of it like a girl's night in with your very own (brilliant) mastermind.
This week, I chatted about embracing our visibility & owning our secret sauce with Marketing & Launch Strategist and Business Mentor, Megan Schopieray! (She has lived abroad, speaks fluent French, plays boardgames, and doesn't think we need to hustle more. Aka she's amazing.)
To make sure you don't miss out on future blabs, you can sign up right here for notifications. Or, join the Fearless Footprint Society (totally free!) where you can recommend future guests & ask questions ahead of time when you can't make it live!
I'm SO excited about this next chapter and being able to fully celebrate the women who are leaving great, big, beautiful footprints in the world! (And, of course, to learn and gain inspiration from them, too!)
Check out the recap below.
The Full Replay
Takeaways & Tweetables
- "Entrepreneurship is the greatest personal development course you will ever take." (If you don't take entrepreneurship up on the opportunity to develop, you're missing out!) It's not just learning about running a business, working for yourself, or being a CEO. It's not just about the WHAT. Take the time to work through your limiting beliefs, outdated thought processes, and fear. Spend time learning about yourself, practicing self-love, and accepting every piece of who you are.
- Quitting my job knocked me off my feet. Sometimes, we have to re-write our definitions of success before we can have success.
- "If you are a coach, or in this very personal based industry, you're building a personal brand. So, your story, your experiences, and the entirety of yourself is integrated with that. You have to be able to balance how much is too much to share and how much is just enough." (20:00 minute mark)
- "The most important thing about building a personal brand is that you can make those personal connections. You don't have a store front and you don't necessarily have the opportunity to meet people in person, so you must infuse your personality into your online brand, image, writing, and message so that people can get to know you and whether or not you can help them."
- "You don't need to share all of the raw, personal things with your audience. You get to choose what you share and what you don't. Just because I'm going to infuse myself into my work, doesn't mean I have to infuse every piece of myself into my work." (27:00 minute mark)
- People don't want to read your journal. Make sure you've processed your experiences before infusing them into your content. Wait until you're enough detached that if someone where to respond with a negative comment or with an unsubscribe/unfollow, then you're not feeling exposed and emotionally attacked. Create a buffer!
- Ever feel like it's all been done before? Take a concept, figure out what it means to you, add in your personal experiences & stories, and word it in a way that makes sense to you! We all resonate with different people at different times and in different ways. And so, own YOUR secret sauce, your personality, & your experiences. (31:00 minute mark)
- If I'm taking an idea or a concept and simply re-sharing it, then I'm not doing anyone any favors. I'm not putting out any new service in the world. We have to infuse ourselves, our experiences, our stories, and our new ideas, so that we don't just build a business, we build a body of work.
- Work hard. Take focused, efficient, & consistent action, but don't worry about hustling more. "If you follow the passion and the excitement, then that's when the money, the clients, and the success flows." (37:00 minute mark)
- "Don't doubt your dreams. Stay connected to YOUR dreams (not someone else's). Reconnect with your why often. Ask yourself, even if you know you're going to fail, what's still worth doing?"
- Failure is a learning tool that can guide you to what's going to work better and what's going to feel better. It's not "I am a failure", but rather "I have failed, once, no big deal". You still have a gift, a value, a message, a story, and a chance to be of service, regardless of how many times you may or may not fail. A few reframes: "There is no such thing as failure, only feedback." "You are enough even if you fail." (51:00 minute mark)
- "The biggest, most life-changing decision I made was to listen to my own intuition and trust my own desires, rather than what other people thought. It was deciding to give myself space to tune into what I feel & what's good for me before I make a decision - no matter how big or small the decision is."
My next live blab is Wednesday, March 16th @ 7:00 PM CST. Hope to see you there!!