With all of the meetings, to-do lists, distractions, and choices today, it's hard to not feel overwhelmed, confused, exhausted, or defeated.
It's hard to stay on the path we want and hit the ground running without looking back.
It's hard to stay focused on the feelings we desire or even the new things we want to learn.
It's hard to stay motivated to make lasting change or stay confident that we can actually do it.
It's hard to remember why we do anything we do to begin with.
Hard days, overflowing to-do lists, and moments of doubt will come. But, when they do and you're feeling a tad overwhelmed, one of the best things you could possibly do is simplify.
Simplify your life and create space for more things that serve you.
Remove the distractions that are in your control.
Remove the to-do list items that you really don't want to do (and don't HAVE to).
Remove the clutter in your room, kitchen, or house that tends to make you feel exhausted just by sight.
Remove the excess papers or things on your desk.
Remove the old receipts in your wallet or clothes on your bed.
Remove the things that no longer serve you.
Create space in your room for more quality sleep.
Create space in your refrigerator and pantry for more foods that make you feel great.
Create space on your countertops to cook & experiment with what you already have.
Create space in your office or on your desk to alleviate some overwhelm and make room for more creativity, ideas, and curiosity.
Create space on your to-do list to make room for more freedom to do what makes you happy.
Create space in your wallet by organizing or moving receipts elsewhere. Make room for more money to come your way and eventually for financial freedom.
As we simplify the material items in life, clean our workspaces, or create space for more to come (abundance), we're able to feel more free and creative. We tend to feel lighter.
Did you catch that?
As we simplify the the things in our lives...we tend to feel lighter.
Chances are, you desire to feel lighter in some sense.
Maybe you want to lose a few (or a lot) of pounds to feel lighter in your body.
Maybe you want to lose a certain responsibility to feel lighter in your head.
Maybe you want more energy to feel lighter on your feet.
Maybe you want more clarity to feel lighter in your choices.
Or maybe you want to rebel, find freedom, or remove stress in life - just to feel lighter all around.
By simplifying the things in our lives that no longer work, we make room for the things we want and the ways we desire to feel.
So, before you move on with your day (yep, that means pull out a piece of paper and get ready to write!)...what can you simplify right now?
To help get you thinking, here are a few suggestions:
You could simplify...
- Clothes that no longer fit. It doesn't matter if these clothes are too small or too big. If they don't fit you right now in this moment, then get rid of them. Either sell the clothes for extra cash, donate them, or just throw them all out.
- Old paper receipts. You can either enter these receipts into an online software or throw them away (or shred) if no longer needed.
- Trash. Chances are you have some sort of trash in your house, room, kitchen, or wallet that could be thrown away right now! Even if it's just trash sitting in the trash can, the simple act of removing trash (or something that doesn't serve you), can feel great.
- Anything you haven't used in two years. Just yesterday, I cleaned my room and bathroom. I finallythrew away (or gave away) everything that I kept saying "oh, but I'll use this eventually." If you haven't worn something in two years (yep, that means every season has passed you by twice), then it's time for that item to go. If you haven't used that tool you bought two years ago at the yard sale, then it's time for it to go to someone who will.
- Remove pictures, memorabilia, or items that don't make you feel how you desire to feel. Remove anything that makes you sad (in a bad way), angry, confused, etc. Anything that no longer aligns with how you desire to feel now.
- Remove items on your to-do list that you want to remove and have the ability to remove. Take some time to think about your priorities. Then, make space for those priorities. Say no to the tasks that don't serve you. Say yes to the things that light you up.
As we remove what no longer serves us, we make room for the feelings we desire as well as for more to come our way.
We make room for abundance.
We make room for freedom.
We make room for clarity.
We make room for curiosity, creativity, or exploration.
We make room for things that do serve us.